Monday, July 5, 2010

Watching the Bicycling Mag Live Blog - 2010 Tour de France

When I travel to Paris and the other regions of France during the Tour, I live blog each stage of the race. I give constant updates on what's going on and my fingers get really tired. I am encouraged that Bicycling Magazine has taken up the role of live-blogging superstars so I can give more thoughtful commentary.

Here's an example of just one dispatch from them this morning - These races take place in the Ardennes, the hilly, French-speaking region in the southern half of country. Known for their pine forests and long smooth climbs, the Ardennes classics often suit grand tour riders more than their cobbled, northern counterparts. Andy Schleck, Alexandre Vinokourov, and Cadel Evan have all won recent editions. Even Lance Armstong has had success here, winning Fleche Wallone in 1996.

No comments: